R.I.S.E. UP INJURY PREVENTION (Raising Injury & Sports Education)
Over 250,000 Athletes Will Tear Their ACL This Year!
Of all the injuries to athletes related to contact and non-contact sports, knee injuries are the most common. It has been reported that female athletes are 3-6 times more likely to sustain a non-contact rupture of their anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the knee than male athletes. Furthermore, soccer and basketball report the greatest number of female ACL injuries. Male athletes are not immune and do experience high rates of non-contact ACL injury in football and soccer. See one parent’s story.
In partnership with Agility Physical Therapy, our R.I.S.E. UP prevention program is designed to align with the leading science utilized by the Human Performance Laboratory at Cincinnati Children’s Sports Medicine Biodynamics Center and employed by top professional teams such as the Detroit Shock and New York Liberty.
RISE UP is a progression of jump/plyometric drills that teaches athletes safe techniques for landing in an effort to significantly reduce the risk of serious knee injury. We have also found our athletes increase their vertical and long jump abilities while considerably improving their muscular endurance.
Every session includes leadership & character development:
- STAGE 1: Learn proper techniques to strengthen muscles around the knee
- STAGE 2: Build muscle memory to increase strength over time
- STAGE 3: Improve quickness by learning proper explosive techniques
- STAGE 4: Sustain sport-specific performance through pre and post measurements of speed & strength
- Male & female student athletes grades 5 – 12
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Session 2: May 22 – July 19 (8 weeks) (No class July 3 & 5)
- Session 3: July 25 – September 13 (8 weeks)
- $290 ($18/class)